Pages

All or Nothing

Most weight loss advice suggests moderation as a means of maintaining long-term weight loss and preventing crashing.  I have to say that this has never ever worked for me.  If I sit in front of food I will eat it. If there is junk food in the house I will eat it.  I can't have any candy or icecream around. One serving is never enough.  The only way I have lost weight is to quit sugar altogether.  In one month or no sugar combined with daily exercise I dropped 7 pounds!  After a day of irritation due to sugar withdrawal I managed to get used to not having sugar.  I thought giving up sugar in my coffee would be tough, but it has been the easiest change to adjust to.  I lasted one month without sugar and now I no longer want to eat it as I know how sluggish it can make me feel.  I also know that the guilt of overconsumption is not pleasant either!