Pages

2/3 Exercise plan

Research has shown that people are conditioned to see things as having a beginning, middle, and an end.  Due to this perception of events, there is also a tendency in humans to become fatigued when one is 2/3 of the way through a task.  Basically, if you have to do 90 push-ups, you will feel tired at 60, but if you have to do 30 push-ups you will start to feel tired at 20. Considering this natural psychological tendency, aim to do more than you really need to do.  For me, that means heading to the treadmill with the plan to burn 700 calories, but being ok and on track if I stop at 466...which is 2/3.  I would probably make it to 500 since I like nice round numbers.  I have thought of applying the 2/3 rule to eating.  If I take my time eating and make a huge production of it, hopefully I will get bored with the whole production before I finish and leave a 1/3 for later.  Going to try it out for a bit and will report back.  Now that the junk is gone from the kitchen, it's time to get on track.